Unit 1: Know Your Story
- Creation: looks at God the Father and Creator, the implications of our being created in God’s image, and the implications of all things being God’s handiwork
- Sin: explores how God’s good creation was tainted by sin and brokenness an how sin is present in the world today
- Redemption: looks at God the Son and Redeemer and how God is always doing the work of redeeming a broken world
- Holy Spirit: looks at God the Holy Spirit and Sustainer and the movement of the Holy Spirit through Scripture and the history of the church and into our lives today
- Church: tells the story of Christ’s body, the church, and discusses what it means to be part of the universal church, The United Methodist Church, and a local congregation
- New Creation: looks at how individuals and all of creation are and will be made new in Christ
Unit 2: Confirm Your Faith
- Way of Discipleship: looks to devotion, worship, compassion, and justice as a road map for Christian living
- Way of Salvation: explores the way of salvation in The United Methodist tradition—prevenient grace, justifying grace, and sanctifying grace
- Wesleyan Quadrilateral: introduces the four Wesleyan tools of discernment, as identified by Albert Outler—Scripture, tradition, experience, and reason
- Worship: discusses the who, why, how, where, and with whom of worship
- Sacraments: takes a close look at baptism and Holy Communion
- Living a Holy Life: explores holiness, sanctification, and Christian perfection
Unit 3: Live Your Commitment
- Renounce, Reject, Repent: Do you renounce the spiritual forces of wickedness, reject the evil powers of this world, and repent of your sin?
- Accept: Do you accept the freedom and power God gives you to resist evil, injustice, and oppression in whatever forms they present themselves?
- Confess: Do you confess Jesus Christ as your savior, put your whole trust in his grace, and promise to serve him as your Lord, in union with the church which Christ has opened to people of all ages, nations, and races?
- I Believe (the Creeds): The Apostle’s Creed (part of the confirmation vows), the creed the confirmands will have written in their student journals, and assorted other statements of faith
- PPGSW: As members of this congregation, will you faithfully participate in its ministries by your prayers, your presence, your gifts, your service, and your witness?
Going Forth: The God of all grace, who has called us to eternal glory in Christ, establish you and strengthen you by the power of the Holy Spirit, that you may live in grace and peace.