Sample Confirmation Mentor Covenant
As a mentor to __________, I vow to:
- support and nurture him or her throughout the confirmation process.
- pray for him or her each day.
- sit with him or her in worship at least once each month.
- be ready and willing to listen to his or her questions and concerns.
- get to know about his or her interests
- visit with him or her at least once a week, whether in person, over the phone, or online.
- send him or her encouraging and/or congratulatory messages on his or her birthday (______ ___) and in anticipation of or response to other important events in his or her life.
- participate alongside him or her in at least one service project, fundraiser, or other church activity.
- be for him or her an example of an adult Christian with an honest and maturing faith.
As a mentor to, I do not need to:
- have all the answers.
- have a scholarly knowledge of Scripture and Christian theology.
- be perfect.
For the safety and security of __________ and myself, I will:
- never meet with him or her alone behind closed doors.
- not drive him or her anywhere unless another adult is in the car.
- copy his or her parents or the confirmation director on any e-mail messages or messages sent through social networking sites.